7 April 2013
Dear Phyllis,
We had an interesting time at our
weekly Wednesday morning prayer meeting last week. The scripture we
were discussing was Romans 9. That is the most blatant Calvinistic
passage in the Bible and I was the only Calvinist there. Romans 9 is
extremely difficult for Armenians to swallow without a great deal of
“Yes, but... over here the Bible says...” To say that free will
has no part in salvation is heresy. But Romans 9 cuts it totally out
of the picture. It talks about, “then it is not him that wills or
him that runs, but of God that shows mercy” (Rom. 9:16). And Paul
uses the illustration of a lump of clay in the hands of a potter
(ver. 20-22). Where is free will in a lump of clay? I challenged the
brethren by saying, “I believe the Bible exactly as it stands”.
It is almost impossible to say that without inserting a great deal of
explanation on why “this cannot mean that because here it says...”.
But I stand adamantly by my position as I intensely believe that BOTH
arguments are equally valid and true. To say that you must accept
that in the realm of the Spirit contradictions do co-exist.
All Christians will go so far under a
different term. It is impossible to be an evangelical Christian
without accepting the Trinity. This by definition is impossible. You
can't have one and three being the same at the same time. There are a
lot of explanation for the Trinity. A woman can be a daughter, wife
and mother. An egg; shell, white and yoke. Water; solid liquid and
steam. Etc. But to say that Jesus is both God and man is difficult.
Very clearly the Bible teaches that Jesus is equal with the Father
and at the same time He is less than the Father (Jn. 1:1; Jn. 14:28).
The post resurrection body of Christ is a mystery. Very clearly the
resurrected body of Jesus is the same one that was taken down from
the cross an laid in the grave. Jesus said, “Handle Me. A spirit
doesn't have flesh and bones.” He ate fish to prove that He wasn't
a spirit. Then He walked through a wall (Lk. 24:36-42). Obviously His
body is different than anything with which we are familiar at this
present moment on earth.
I frequently use the illustration of a
stone-age savage in Borneo trying to understand life in Tokyo today.
There is no way he could understand how you could rub a wall and the
room would be filled with light (fire) without burning anything. Or
how you could see and talk to a friend who is three days journey
away. The problem we have in understanding spiritual truth is more
difficult than the stone-age savage in Borneo. The Holy Spirit is
able to explain many things to us. But to do so we must leave our
natural mind and reason at the door.
For years I have been strongly of the
pre-trib rapture position, but now I am not so sure. One doctrine
that we cannot dismiss is the imminent return of Christ. Obviously
this was a basic belief in the 1st century. Paul taught
it, and I believe the Holy Spirit has placed this belief in the
hearts of believers from the day of Pentecost to this present moment.
The question is raised, “How can the Holy Spirit teach that Jesus
is coming at any moment when, obliviously, He isn't?” For me that
is no problem. The problem with the post-trib position is that Christ
can't come yet because the anti-Christ hasn't appeared. They are
looking for the anti-Christ – not Jesus. I see no objection why
Jesus couldn't come this afternoon – and He may. And yet I am not
so sure about the pre-trib rapture position. I believe there will be
a rapture, but I am not going to place it in the scheme of
eschatology dating. The only thing I do feel strongly about is that
it will be at the last trump – whenever that is (1Cor. 15:52).
But for the rest of end time events, I
am going out of my mind looking at Fox News. Recently I have
discovered You Tube. I had no idea there was so much on the web. I
spent most of last week looking at the US national debt. What
everyone is saying is startling. I have seen several realistic
presentations showing that it is mathematically impossible for
America to recover. The car has already gone over the cliff. To me,
it looks extremely difficult to believe that we won't hit the bottom
in 2013. Everything is in place for the crash. And when the crash
comes, it will be one like we have never seen before.
For some time I have been aware that
the Federal Reserve is not a government organization. That is no more
government than Federal Express. I knew it was private citizens, but
I never understood the exact nature of who it is. Everyone (except
the Democrats) is screaming that the national debt is now at
$17,000,000,000,000. We all know that we are that far in debt, but
few people are talking about who we owe the money to, and how much is
the interest. Yes we have borrowed some from China and a few other
countries. There are a lot of government bonds floating around. But I
never fully understood until recently how the system works. The one
of the principle loaners to the government is the Federal Reserve.
They are are loaning the US government trillions of dollars, and the
interest on that is around 6%. The Federal Reserve is a private bank
owned by a few select men. It is highly secretive, with no audit, and
no accountability. I have known about the Rothschild family and the
Illuminati for years, but I never saw the inside of how they are
controlling the US economy until last week. Everyone is hollering
about the government, to save the economy, but the Federal Reserve
are the ones that has their hands on that elevator. They have
artificially created an huge stock market bubble by keeping the
prime interest rates near 0% for some time. This, along with printing
astronomic amount of money, has injected a great deal of money into
the economy. I never knew until this past week that the US Treasury
Department does not print money. All that money is printed by the
private bank, the Federal Reserve. Obama has weakened the national
economy by paralytic regulations and taxation so it cannot sustain a
shock; and the men who own the Federal Reserve have worked up the
stock market to a all time high. The game plan is, when they get the
stock up as high as they want, then they pull their money out and let
it bottom out. That way they earn trillions of dollars. These men
have all the tools they need to pull that off, and they have the
motive to do so.
For the governments part, there is no
other explanation other than the US government runs on an
unbelievable Ponzi system. It borrows huge amount of money to run its
budget and pays the interest on the national debt. At the moment the
government is borrowing over $1,000,000,000,000 annually just to run
the government. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to raise enough tax money
to pay for the annual budget. To get in a position to run the
government without borrowing money, would require draconian cuts in
everything. And NO politician could possibly suggest such a thing.
There is no way out of this hole. The Ponzi scheme has got to
collapse. It is mathematically unsustainable. It is just a matter of
time.
That is just one side of a very
complex international scenario. The situation in Europe is as bad as
the US. At the moment 7 out of 17 countries are on the verge of
bankruptcy. Greece and Cyprus are already experiencing mass riots in
the streets. It is commonly predicted that the US will soon see the
same. The game plan for these incredibly wealth bankers is to create
a one world currency. Obama is strongly advocating that. The ultimate
goal is a one world government; and a world currency is one step in
that direction. Guess why we are headed for a one world government?
We soon will have such an unsolvable international crisis that only a
super man will be able to save the world. This is what prophetic
scholars have been saying for centuries. We now have arrived. We have
gone through the guard rail and have only to wait for the crash at
the bottom. Then the Man of Sin will step forward.
In addition to that, the situation in
Israel and Iran is virtually out of control. If Israel doesn't strike
Iran within a matter of months it will face annihilation by a nuclear
missile extremely soon. Ezek. 38 and 39 could happen at any moment.
And Korea... Oh my goodness that is an hour by hour nightmare at the
moment.
I see the full spectrum of end time
events in chapter 6 of Revelation. Of the Seven Seals the first four
are the Four Horses. I see the White Horse as bloodless conquest; the
Beast taking over politically. The Red Horse is clearly war. We are
there now. The Black Horse is economic collapse. That is what this
letter is all about. And the Pale Horse is death and hell. Everything
breaking out. Those Four Horse and well within sight.
Then the 5th Seal is serious
persecution. There is much in the scripture mentioning that in then
last days the anti-Christ will wear out the saints. The souls under
the alter complain “How long, doth Thou not judge and avenge our
blood on them that dwell on the earth?” They are told to be quiet
until their fellow brethren should be killed (Rev. 6:9-11). In
chapter 7 we see the sealing of the 144,000. But in chapter 14:1 we
see them again standing with the Lamb in heaven. Obviously they all
got killed. There is nothing wrong with that. What is the problem
with getting g killed for Jesus sake? We all have to die anyway.
Wouldn't it be better to die for Jesus sake than rust out in a
nursing home?
The main selling point for the pre-trib
rapture argument is that Christians will be exempt from persecution
and suffering. That argument is in opposition to the very essence of
the Gospel of Christ; of taking up our cross to follow Him. (Lk.
14:27). Phil. 1:29 warns that, “it is given in behalf of
Christ not only to believe on Him but also to suffer for His sake”.
Again in writing to the Thessalonian about afflictions Paul says,
“For yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto” (1Th.
3:3). The Christians in underground churches that I have worked with
for the past 15 years have no delusion of being exempt from
persecution. They know that it is part of the program. As the
anti-Christ is more and more established in charge of the world
government, it is guaranteed that there will be increased
persecution. The major separating the sheep from the goats will be
taking the mark of the Beast – 666. There will be no middle ground
then. I see all this as very encouraging.
The Karakorum highway running from
Islamabad, Pakistan to Kashgar, China is one of the most dangerous
highways in the world. It was an engineering miracle that they were
able to make it in the first place, but it still has landslide about
every 10 km. When I was in Sot, that was as far as the bus went. The
only way to get from there to the China border at the Kunjerab Pass
was by taxi. Of course, I wanted to go that far, and hired a taxi for
the day. Coming back, the cab driver spotted a rare Himalayan deer
high in the mountain. He stopped, and I got out to take a picture. As
I was leisurely walking around, the cab driver suddenly pointed up
the hill, and started running for his car. I had no idea why , but I
joined him. I dove in the back seat just as he was pulling ahead. He
saw the rocks coming down and knew a land slide was on its way right
where he was parked.
There is no question but what a
landslide is heading our way. We can see the rocks coming down
picking up more as they tumble along. Soon there will be a massive
landslide right where we are standing. But that will be short lived.
The devil knows he only has seven years. We have had four and a half
years of Obama. We can tough out another 3 ½. Armageddon is a bad
word here on earth but it is a wonderful word in heaven. That is when
Jesus gets on His white horse. Oh that will be fun. I hope I can ride
one of those horse and follow Him. That is one battle I want to be
in. The people in the Philippians had a hard time under the Japanese
from 1942 to 1944. But when MacArthur got back there was dancing in
the streets. Jesus will be here soon.
Hallelujah, bill
No comments:
Post a Comment