7 December 2008
Dear Phyllis,
The other morning I was reading what the Lord has done for
us. Tears flowed and my heart burned. That
just flat blew my mind. I said, “Lord that is over the top! That is totally
beyond human comprehension.” That certainly is true. What the Lord has done for
us is totally beyond human compression. There is no way we can take it in. When I thought about His
truth being over the top – beyond human reach – I thought, “Yes it is too high;
I can’t reach the top but I can reach the bottom.” I thought about touching
Jesus or His garment. I thought I may not be able to touch His leg, His waist,
His chest, His shoulder, or His head. The hem of
His garment is the lowest place on His being. But the lady with the issue of
bold thought ifd should could only touch the
hem (the absolute bottom) of His garment shoe
would be healed. It worked and she was healed.Praise God! Me too. Even if
we can’t touch something a little higher, if
we can only touch the bottom of His garment –
that may be the best we can do – but that is enough to blow our minds. It is
not a mater of how high up we are able to
reach the reality that we are able to make some contact with Jesus; that has
tremendous impact on us.It sure does on me.
That is the good part. Now for
the bad part. If growing
smaller in our own eyes is spiritual progress I have made tremendous strides.
My self-esteem gets lower every year.And my
knowledgefe is greatly diminishing.I know a
whole lot less today than i did 30 years ago.I had a lot of
the answers to life then and I have very few
today.
I am sure you have had some experience in false
guidance. I am one of worlds leading
authorities in that subject and I suspect I am dealing with that problem with
Jeanna Crain. I fear she is in for
a real hard head-snapping experience.
(In this letter I will use the expression “The Lord said”.
Please don’t misunderstand what I write. By that, I don’t mean to say the Lord
actually said something but from our human
position it looks for all the world like God
has said.)
For some time Jeanna has been totally convinced that the Lord
has told her that she is getting out of prison
this fall – about a year early. She has got a
lot of guidance
to convince her that the Lord has made that promise to her. She has been
telling me this since last June.I haven’t been so convinced that her guidance
is correct but I have been reluctant to discourage her. With so many “promises from God” it
would be sin for her not to believe what “He
has promised her.I don’t want to be a prophet of
unbelief,
but I have had a lot of experience in false
guidance, where I have been totally convinced that the Lord had promised me
something only to see it fall through.This is a
new experience for her and she doesn’t realize
that making mistakes in guidance is a common experience in our Christian walk.
She read in the
Bible that the 50th year was the year of Jubilee or
release.She was saved when she was 49 and this is her 50th year.She
has had an enormous amount of seeing things with
jubilee written on it. She can talk for an hour of the many miraculous ways the Lord has encouraged her by showing her
he would Jubilee.Her Bible is all marked up with the “promises of God.” A week ago I
told her,”You will be a much wiser woman when January gets here.” She asked,
“What do yo mean by that?” Last Wednesday she was getting nervous.She
was getting waves of fear that the Lord
would not fulfill ”His promise to
her.” We are in December now and she is still in prison. She asked Scott,
“When is the last day of fall?” He said
December 21st is the first day of winter.” She still has time. I'm afraid she is in for a big fall. bill
No comments:
Post a Comment